Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Disappointed 1-3

I initially wrote out the "Disappointed" posts as a single post. When I finished the post, I looked and it was entirely too long for 1 post, so it is now 3. Be sure to read the posts in order to get the full account (a hidden bonus: if you read the account at night, you'll fall asleep without having to use a sleeping pill)!

I also want to thank (1) everyone for helping me raise money and awareness for the American Liver Foundation and the American Brain Tumor Association, (2) everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this whole training episode and during the race. I told some people yesterday that I needed to be more specific in my prayer requests - I asked people to pray that I would have the strength to finish the marathon (which I did - what I should have said is to finish all 26.2 miles of the marathon).

Love you all!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'm glad we could support you in your fund raising efforts for the American Liver Foundation. And congratulations on running the race, even if it was cut short. Do you think you'll train to run a marathon again?

texpat said...

News of the heat wave made it all the way over here to Taiwan. I was at the gym pedaling away on the Friday before the race, when it came on CNN international with concern over how the race would go. I just thought, "Uh oh." Glad you were safe, though sad you didn't get that brass ring...yet.